- Vessel Length: 11-20 Meters
- Company Name: Willard Marine
- Company Website: http://www.willardmarine.com
- Phone Number: 714-666-2150
- Contact Name: Ulrich Gottschling
18.3m SAR Fire Boat featured above played a heroic role in the Royal Jordanian Naval Force’s rescue of 1,500 passengers aboard a ferry that caught fire while sailing from the Jordanian port of Aqaba.
The vessel is powered by twin Cummins QSC8.3 600hp engines powering a Hamilton Jet HJ364 waterjet. The fire pump has an independent engine, Cummins QSL9-405hp, coupled to a Hale 80 FCG. A remote-controlled bow monitor station and two manual stations on the stern provide and effective range of 250 ft. and 145 ft. respectively, each with 150 psi. Both sea water and foam spray can be used. The boat also features a deluge system to envelope the entire boat in a water spray for fighting shipboard fires. Accommodations include berths for 8, a small galley and a head with shower. A generator set and air conditioning system round out the systems of this proven, capable search and rescue and firefighting platform.
- Length Overall*: 18.3m/60’ 0”
- Beam Overall: 4.5m/15’ 0”
- Max Horsepower: 1200
- Capacity: Up to 18 Persons
- Construction: Fiberglass or Aluminum